Stay connected.....Its fun...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

........!!

That day I was going through my mails as any other day. A mail that was an outstanding bill, another showing some pictures sent by my friend, one just a forward from some friends and now I bumped into this mail from my share broker. I wouldn't have bothered much if it would have had a usual topic like 'stock market bullish", or "broker newsletter" or so, but the mail was addressed to me personally with the subject "our client in US"...haan interesting. So I opened not knowing what it would contain. The broker had mentioned about someone in US who was his client and was having some problem with the broker site and needs some help, and requesting me some help. I agreed to the mail saying that yes I would call this person mentioned in the mail and help if I can. And this is how I came across this new friend of mine Mr.Thatte. I dropped a formal mail saying that I would help out in case of problem. Then on we started exchanging mails related to our common topic how the broker site gives problems and why these people don't do anything about it and so on. Then we started exchanging forwards and good reads with each other. I started sending mails of common interest to Mr.Thatte, addressing him the same "Mr.Thatte". May be after a couple of months we exchanged phone numbers and once talked on phone. Thats it, it was just one time we talked, and again back to mails. But by then we had developed a good relation and wanted to share more things. Then we exchanged snaps to know to what face we were talking to. As I am the person who never wants to shoot in dark, I also wanted to know the face I was interacting with.

Along with the photograph I also received a write-up about where Mr.Thatte had been on his visit in America. The article written by him was so impressive and me being interested in reading got more closer to him and his writings. At that time I realised my new friend..or we can say email-friend was 68 years old. Till then no one could even doubt that age ever matters in a good friendship. I was more eager to talk and exchange mails on different topics and subjects. He has a flair for writing and I am interested in good reading. This need was matched and I became a regular follower of his mails and write-ups. Now this was going on virtually. No meeting in person. I had not seen him or met him personally. When he and Mrs.Thatte was back in India I handed over my parents his contact number and asked them to contact him. They met and had a good time. Then there was a whole new line of mails to be exchanged. Meeting my parents, their views, their topics and his views on the same. It was fun to read his mails and knowing that my friend is meeting my parents and yet stranger to me. During these mail give and take I never got to know when my address to him changed from Mr.Thatte to Thatte kaka.....it was only when I realised while typing a mail to him ,...I already had addressed him with more warm relation.

Last year I had a chance to visit India and this was one interesting event to look forward to. Meeting Thatte kaka and kaku. The couple to whom I was so close already that I always felt as if we had some much in common that we are in one family. Practically this was the feeling when I left for India. And the day arrived when we scheduled an informal meet at his place. I was all excited to meet, see, talk to kaka and kaku. Finally arriving at their doors was one of the most awaited event looked forward to. A strange friendship now turning into a family relation. I carried Mogra plant as gift with a whole thought that the fragrance of our friendship remains forever with us. Thatte kaka is one of kind person. A person with strong personality, strong principles. He is so updated with the reading that a book of any kind is already read by him. My knowledge about books and authors is pretty limited as compared to him. Name a book and he knows it. May it be any topic science, fiction, health, religion and what not. He has a varied collection of all types of books and he never says no to pick up anyone and take it home for reading. I have read so many good books just because of him and would continue to do the same. Not only books but movies is also a subject of his interest. English, marathi, hindi ...any type of movie and he will tell u whats in there. I also saw a few movies because of him and kaku. When back in India I sometimes use to feel down and low I use to call them and talk to them ....kaku use to tell me...Prajakta just relax, have a cup of hot steaming coffee and watch a nice rejuvenating movie...all will be fine."
I also exchanged many good recipes with kaku. I mean she gave me so many good ones, I have yet to try.

Kaka also motivates me in may aspects. I inspires me to write, he is the one who always has an ear to what I want to say and also says what needs to be done right. He is a good and strict follower of diets and exercise.I have seen that myself. And again that is one more thing I take from him. He not only will talk what u should do but would set an example by doing it by himself. I saw how strict he is with his regular diet and exercise regime...and that adds some motivation I need...

One remarkable thing about kaka kaku's relationship I like to admire is that even at this age both of them are totally in tune. In most of the mails kaka would appreciate kaku for some or the other thing, and would consider himself lucky to have her. Isn't that a real ideal relationship one should have? I would love mine to be the same.

This is one of the friends of course kaka and kaku whom I appreciate the most. So many things to learn from them and so many things to cherish. There are so very few people on this earth who impress others, who influence others, and yet are modest. They are the epitome of human life and this is no exaggeration. I would never ever miss a moment spending with such people.

Long live our friendship kaka n kaku .....be there for me n forever!!

1 comment:

Darshan Deokule said...

It just goes to prove that good friendship does not have restrictions of boundaries, age, caste etc etc etc...I do not need to say more about it. Due to internet, today world is your neighbour so such friendships are no more a novelty however, I must say that the unique quality of your friendship with Thatte Kaka and Kaku is that you took the effort to evolve it from the world of virtuality into a a meaningful real association which brought two families to know each other and share the various virtues of life.