Stay connected.....Its fun...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rain Rain!!


“Rain rain go away..Lil Jonny wants to play’….I know this is a nursery rhyme. But I always wondered about this poem. Is little Jonny not interested in playing in rain? Is he not interested in jumping in the puddles on the road? Is he not interested in playing with paper boats in the running water of rains? Well his choice. But as for me I always hated these lines since childhood. I like rain. I like trees in the rain, I like roads in the rain, and I like mountains in the rain. This is of course when I was in my teens. Where rains make you feel so romantic and forces you to pen down your heart.

But as a child as well I always wanted to go out when raining. I got wet all over and wanted to play. Making boats and sending them in running water outside the home was fun business then. Fully drenched coming home would be a fabulous experience as mom use to keep the “Bhajis” ready. Ohh what a day. Then slipping into dry clothes and having those bhajis with hot steaming tea was heaven.

Same is the feeling today. A rainy day is always a welcome in my world. If the day starts with rain then it’s a bonus. As a beautiful day breaking with sweet rhythmic droplets bouncing on the roof top is precious. Sometimes when it rains in the night I am awake watching through window. Ohh rain looks so different in the night. Have u ever seen that? Experience it. It’s lovely. In the morning the sun is out in the sky but hiding behind the dark clouds, as if taking a leave or so to say working from home . There but not there.

I like to drive in this weather, or at least go for a ride. The nature looks so different. So fresh, so close to me. All the lush green trees along with colorful ones are dripping water drops on the ground making it look like a show. The tree tops are waving to us with the wind making them move softly. Have you ever observed a typical activity during rains? At one time there will be a hard blow of wind and the raindrops will flash on your car screen or window panes with a loud noise. Aah that makes me feel so wonderful. I just have no words to describe how this makes my heart pull the strings. But I do enjoy that. Along with all the happy and merry flowers around I too take trills in my mind and cherish the moments.

A hot brewed coffee is one of the must-do thing in rain. The rich coffee aroma fills the air and drags me to have one more cup. Who cares how much caffeine my body is consuming as my heart is into action then. And exactly this is what I am about to do right now, this very moment. A big cup of steaming coffee with my eyes hooked on watching the "rainshow" outside….guyz you too are welcome to the show and not forgetting the coffee....

4 comments:

Ruta said...

Praj kaya mast lihila aahes... i didnt know u have blog spot....

keep goin and keep posting!!!

Ulka said...

Lovely article, Praj..write more..you are a pen for my mind, must say..a lot of stuff that you write - I can relate and I experience it as you say it. I loved the lines - 'there but not there' for the sun. Also, loved the expression of 'gusty winds throwing rain on the windshield' Aah..what a feeling..

Keep writing..I will keep commenting :)

Love always,

Ulks (I miss you so much)

Darshan Deokule said...

A refreshing write up as refreshing as the rains are. Wonderful use of expressions and relatives. Made me feel as a real life experience.

Good...Keep it up.

Unknown said...

beautiful narration! Keep it up! You should think of writing a book!