Stay connected.....Its fun...

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

My baby-steps!!

Do remember the first steps u took when u just started walking? Every step u took was a centre of attraction and appreciation. U fell down one thousand times and took two successful steps…yaa I am talking when we started walking for the first time in life and that was adored by our parents and loved ones around, but hardly realized the adulation. We kept on practicing our walk every day and every minute of our life then, and finally see till where we have come. A complete 30 years of life. That’s an achievement.

U must be wondering why am I remembering those things right now. But I re-lived my childhood a few months back. I started to learn skating, and believe me it was a disaster for the first time. I never thought it would be so very difficult. I am an experienced walker and just wearing wheels would not hinder my experienced activity. This was the thought I had in mind. On first day I took my skate shoes, and sitting on the given bench wore them. I was ready to slide-on like seen on TV. Ohh what a feeling. Thinking about it I stood up, or did I really stand? I slipped off and fell off on the floor. Just could not get what happened. Thinking it was an accident I tried getting up and wanted to go to the counter to talk to the person about shoes. I managed taking small steps taking the support of the wall there.

Finally reached the counter and was talking to the person concerned and god knows what happened again and I was lying on the floor straight on my back with my feet up high in the air. The person at the counter must have thought that I was talking to this lady a second ago and where has she vanished. But I guess he must have had so many such experiences like mine. And there I was lying still waiting to get some help to stand up. My husband came running and tried pulling me up. Oh my gosh, just could not get it. He then literally held me by my arms and made me stand.

I had mixed emotions then, wanted to cry aloud as my back was completely out as I hit it directly on the floor and also wanted to laugh insane as it was a total fiasco in front of all the skaters who were very young in age and were not getting why this lady keeps on falling every now and then. People around must have had a great show. It was practically an outburst for my husband that day. I literally fell down at least 20 times in those 10 minutes. And I was nervous now, as it was becoming more and more difficult for me to even stand. But then I kept on practicing. I now go every weekend for skating and can stand on my own and try to move ahead as well.

But this was one great experience in life where I learnt that whatever it takes to know about new skills we have to go on. The best motivation for me was my husband who kept on encouraging me every time I fell and my daughter who had no fear at all wearing wheels. She was so comfortable with it and swept through the floor smoothly. She was not even aware that she might fall as children do not know fear of anything,. And that’s what probably they do things successfully. I had fear in mind the very moment I wore those skates that I might fall. But I learnt again be fearless, I know it’s a bit tough at our age, but try to be fearless and things are easy.

And that’s how I re-lived my childhood steps, my first baby-steps with the only difference of being conscious of what would people say around me if I fall……….but succeeded.

1 comment:

Darshan Deokule said...

First of all I must say the falling down scene would have been really funny as similar to any slapstick comedy film scenes. But I am sure it would have been really painful for you.

What you have mentioned about your daughter is also very true. Fear is in the mind.

Salute your determination.