Stay connected.....Its fun...

Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Music has no language barriers!!


Music, when this word comes to mind we are intended to think about different types music has, different patterns, different instruments world wide. Also what comes to mind is fusion. Music is beautifully blended in various manner, different ways. But what would we say when an artist so called foreigner to other world of music who plays it just flawlessly! Yes I am talking about the experience I had while attending one of the mesmerizing concerts yesterday.

I had an opportunity to hear to Pandit Ken Zuckerman the sarod maestro. This western name blended with pure indian classical stringed instrument sarod. Pandit Ken Zuckerman is a dedicated disciple of legendary sarod master Ustad Ali Akbar Khan. I was totally in trance while he was playing for almost three hours. Those three hours full of wonderful pieces and heavenly moments drenched me completely to the core. He was accompanied by amazing tabla by Anirban Roy Chowdhary.

Ragas played by him were Madhuvanti, Madhumalati, Bhop Maand, Gorakh Kalingra, and many more. My heart strings were pulled melodiously for the entire time during the concert and continues to do so till now....what a harmonious experience and so much to cherish. My heartfelt thanks to the artists and all those who made it possible to make such an event reach my ears!!

No comments: